Air Line Pilots’ Association South Africa
The National Voice of Pilots
You are accountable, but who out there is looking after YOUR needs?
ALPA-SA is the only organisation that caters solely for the needs of flight deck crew. It has no vested commercial interest in aviation, and is a non-profit organisation, funded solely from membership subscriptions.
The members of this Association bond themselves to the purpose of:
- Striving for a safer system of air transportation and applying professional standards throughout the industry.
- Representation of our members at all relevant national and international forums
- Exchanging pertinent technical, industrial and professional information.
- Upholding the honour and dignity of all members and staff.
- Ensuring responsible, accurate and informed publicity regarding the affairs of the Association and the industry.
To the achievement of this mission, members will strive for co-operation in all that affects the common interest, whilst respecting individual employment rights and privileges.
Medication and Flying
A revised and updated Pharmacology (medication) list was approved by CARCOM and came into effect on 1 June 2017.
Click here to view: Pharmacology.pdf6.62 MB
Updates to CATS – Medical Certification – 05 July 17:
In the flurry of changes in the regulations and technical standard in preparation for and the wake of the ICAO audit, the SACAA have published some updates to the CATS pertaining to medical certification. Lucky for you I have done the work of wading through the vast quantity of material and I've distilled the information down to the essence, thus saving you from potential eye strain (for which there is a protocol!)
Follow this link to read more...
ALPA-SA HUPER PORTFOLIO